Thursday, May 15, 2008

1001 Books You Should Read

For a bookworm, I don't seem to be doing to well catching up on my reading . Of the 1001 on this list - these are the only ones I've read. I have a loooooong way to go.
Stuff I Read:
1900s
  • Love in the Time of Cholera – Gabriel García Márquez
  • One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel García Márquez
  • Franny and Zooey – J.D. Salinger
  • The Old Man and the Sea – Ernest Hemingway
  • The Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger
  • The Sound and the Fury – William Faulkner
  • Midnight’s Children – Salman Rushdie (currently reading)
1800s

* Wuthering Heights – Emily Brontë

Stuff I’ve been meaning to read:
1900s

· The Satanic Verses – Salman Rushdie
· A Farewell to Arms – Ernest Hemingway
· The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
· 2001: A Space Odyssey – Arthur C. Clarke
· The Lord of the Rings – J.R.R. Tolkien
· The Hobbit – J.R.R. Tolkien

· Women in Love – D.H. Lawrence
· A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man – James Joyce
· Sons and Lovers – D.H. Lawrence
· The Bell Jar – Sylvia Plath
1800s
· Persuasion - Jane Austen
· Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brontë