Monday, October 26, 2009

Mental Notes: Revenge of the Bitch

I couldn't help myself with this one.

While browsing through Cracked.com, I came across a couple of interesting articles about 7 secrets only two people in the world know about for some reason and found an excerpt listing Carly Simon's "You're So Vain".

Named one of the ultimate revenge songs, I initially thought this was written for Warren Beatty.

Turns out Carly Simon never admitted who she wrote the song for. The song could have been anyone including James Taylor, Mick Jagger, Kris Kristofferson and Warren Beatty.

Well whoever the guy is, he had to test the woman "hell hath no" saying and is now somewhat immortalized in a song now considered to be one of the best songs of all time.

Only one other person on earth knows who that song is about, but as the author of the article said so nicely:

"All we know for sure is 1) Simon is never going to tell us who it's about and 2) we're real assholes if we think it's about us. Which it totally is. Bitch."

Cracked also made a list of the 10 Most Bitter Female Rock Songs. Let me share with you three of my favorites here -- not because I'm angry now, but hell -- I could be later.

While I hope I never get this angry again, I also lovingly dedicate this to a couple of cheating ex-boyfriends.