Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mental Notes: Overheard in the Newsroom

Some quotes from "Overheard from the Newsroom" -- comments and conversations in any newsroom.

#2127: After someone asks if they can smoke in the office: “This is a newsroom, it should reek of cigarettes and scotch.”


#2157: Intern: “You guys sure do cuss a lot in here.” Assignment Editor: “Just wait until payday.”


#2145: Reporter just about to go live: “We’re not just breaking the news, we’re putting it back together.”


#2136: Page Designer to Editor in Chief: “If God had sex with a newspaper this is what it would look like.”


#2129: New reporter second day on the job: “If I won the lottery, I would buy a Krispy Kreme store, lay down on the machine and glaze myself.”


#2108: Cub Reporter: “How am I ever going to get a boyfriend if I have to work nights?”


#2104: City Editor: “I’m a journalist. It’s my job to stalk people on the Internet.”


#2102: Editor 1: “She looked like she was on the verge of tears.” Editor 2: “There’s no crying in the newsroom!”



#2156: Reporter holding free company propaganda mug: “What I am supposed to do with this? Stand on a street corner for change?”