Thursday, April 7, 2011

The best of "Overheard in the Newsroom"

Reader: “I really like this paper, but there are too many words in it.”
Editor: “Welcome to my world.”
---
Editor: “I’m dying inside.”
Reporter: “You’re lucky, most of us are already dead inside.”
---
Radio anchor to young producer: “I was a teenager in the 60s… don’t talk to ME about substance abuse.”
---

Opinion Editor: “There’s a hypnotist coming to town. I’ve always wanted to be hypnotized. I think I’d make a great chicken.”
Coverage Editor: “Maybe you’ll get hypnotized into writing a good story.”
--
Reporter: “My friend told me he was working really hard to earn some promotion. I told him I don’t have to worry about stuff like that since newspapers don’t believe in promotions.”
---
Reporter, on phone: “Don’t take this the wrong way, but I thought you were dead.”
---
 “Someday, I’ll work myself up to one of the chairs with the armrests.”