These days, there are a whole bunch of photogs, and even among photojournalists you do get a couple of d*cks now and again. Here's how they summarized it:
1.The “Latest Thing” photojournalist
- If it was released within the last month, there’s a strong chance that this asshole has it. Who needs a 1D Mark IV, a 5d Mark II, AND a 7D? This guy.
- Having a conversation with this person is painful. Jargon, jargon, fps, jargon.
- Remember, there’s a chance that even though this photog is using a fucking D3bonermachine or whatever, their pictures will still be boring as hell.
- More likely than not, this photographer is very insecure about their equipment, and/or doesn’t know how to use it. Therefore, this person will categorize every person with technical knowledge or nice equipment a snob.
- Having a conversation with this person can also be painful. “What is this elusive ‘ISO’ of which you speak?”
- Don’t be shy. Own your camera in all its shitty glory.
- But you should prooobably upgrade soon. Best ways to make some fast cash: grand theft auto or hooking.*
- You know that the gear doesn’t make the picture, but it certainly helps. As someone who upgraded from a Rebel XTi to a 5D Mark II, it comes down to a simple conclusion: some cameras can just handle more shit.
- And by shit, I mean shit. You’re still gonna make some god-awful photos with that mkii.